A fundamental need for everyone is to feel safe and secure in a fixed abode. When this is in question other things in life can also feel uncertain including work and relationships.
Housing is of prime importance to our wellbeing and we all have different needs depending upon our personal circumstances and requirements.
If you require housing assistance your local council has an administrative section that deals with housing and provides help depending upon your level of need and eligibility. Alternatively there is support available from different organisations which respond to more specific needs.
If you think you would like to know more, the links below offer further advice and information
Useful Information and Resources
Useful Website Links
- Website Link Service Telephone
- Avon and Bristol Law Centre Toggle Service: - Tel: 0117 916 7730
- Brigstowe Project- for people diagnosed with HIV Toggle Service: - Tel: 0117 955 5038
- Emergency Housing/Mortgage Recue Scheme Service: - Tel: -
- Second Step Housing - mental health needs Toggle Service: - Tel: 0117 909 6630
- Self Help Community Housing Association Toggle Service: - Tel: 0117 970 5400
- Shelter Toggle Service: - Tel: 03445151414 emergency - 0808 800 4444
- Sheltered Housing/Housing Association Service: - Tel: -
- St Mungos Homeless Charity Toggle Service: - Tel: 0117 944 0581
- The Hub Toggle Service: - Tel: 0300 111 1991
- C = Counselling
- F = Forum
- H = Helpline
- S = Support Group