Obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental condition where people feel the need to check things repeatedly, perform (called “rituals”), or have certain thoughts repeatedly. People are unable to control either the thoughts or the activities. Common activities include hand washing, counting of things and checking to see if a door is locked.
Please see below for links to organisations, tricks, tools and techniques that can help in challenging this condition.
Useful Information and Resources
Useful Website Links
- Website Link Service Telephone
- No Panic Toggle Service: H Tel: 0800 138 8889
- Mind - OCD Toggle Service: H S Tel: 0300 123 3393
- OCD Action Toggle Service: S H Tel: 0845 390 6232
- OCD UK Toggle Service: H S Tel: 0845 120 3778
- C = Counselling
- F = Forum
- H = Helpline
- S = Support Group